Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Off day. Time to surf.

So I never get an off day where I am completely lazy.  I am working on my Master's degree, so when I am not teaching, not working late in charge of our after school care program on Tuesdays and Thursdays, grading papers, and when I'm not attending a shower or wedding, or something else that I must be involved in, I am doing my OWN homework.  Doesn't leave much time for fun.  

I always say that I can't imagine life with kids... how hard it must be.  Why? Because I can't get it all done, and it is just the two of us.  Well, for the last few months my sister (a new teacher) has also been living with us... which has posed a bit of an problem as far as keeping the house (or shall I say GETTING the house) clean.  Besides that, I am not a good housewife like I wish I were.  I dream of having the time to do things like I want.  I wish there was enough time for me to get everything organized and cleaned so that I COULD get on a cleaning routine.  I wish I had my garage neat and organized to where we could pull in if needed.  (Which, I did make some progress last summer, and even had my first yard sale here at the house.)

Anyway, back to never having a lazy day.  Well, being off in the middle of the week caused me to feel lazy.  I NEVER have a lazy day.  Here it is nearly 7:30 and I've been up for over 12 hours.  What have I done in those 12 hours?   Well... not much!  I surfed the Internet for some things like recipes and OAMC.  I made lunch/dinner for Brian.  (Chicken and rice in mushroom soup bake with Paula Deen's creamed spinach and my own peach cobbler, with freshly made whipped cream!) and he rented a movie, so we watched that. Now he is snoozing through a nap while I decide that it is time for me to keep up with a blog.  I have had so many that I can't count.  But, I thought that I could keep this one, with recipes and ideas all neatly organized. 

So here's to a new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment